roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller + CAS + MetaWeblog API
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:21:15 GMT
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Henning Brune
<henning.brune@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ups, sorry for hitting the 'send' button to soon.
>
> Here is the complete mail:
>
> After successful integration of roller with our custom user management
> and CAS I found that using the Metaweblog API still uses the roller
> user database.
>
> In Google I only found this old posting on roller 3.0:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/roller-user/200701.mbox/<8708546.post@talk.nabble.com>
>
> I just wanted to ask if there is now some option I missed to make this
> work? Otherwise I would synchronize our user passwords with roller to
> solve the problem.

No, you didn't miss any option.

I believe the Sun (blogs.sun.com) folks made a change so that the
password stored in Roller is known as the "weblog client password" --
which is not a bad idea. After all, do you really want folks passing
their real CAS password around via XML-RPC? But they never contributed
this back to Roller.

In the future, AtomPub should replace MetaWeblog/XML-RPC and OAuth
will be the authentication mechanism. With OAuth, users will use an
API key to authorize clients to access Roller.

- Dave