roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Weblogger has not been bootstrapped yet
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:06:10 GMT
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Arpita bhargava
<arpita_bhargava@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> I am trying to run jroller on jboss with mysql  database and follow the
> steps of following link for that:-
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallationGuideJBoss4

That guide is very very old and I would be very surprised if it is
still relevant.

I would strongly recommend that you follow the instructions in the
standard Roller install guide instead.

> but getting the following exception:-
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Weblogger has not been bootstrapped yes
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerFactory.getWeblogger(Weblogger
> Factory.java:60)

Generally, that error means that Roller cannot find it's database
connection or that the Roller tables have not been created yet.

> Configuration used are:-
> 1)Jboss 4.2.2.GA
> 2)jroller 4.0.1
> 3)jdk 1.6
> 4)mysql 5.0

That all sounds good, except the JBoss part ;-)

- Dave