roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller Subdomains and Virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 19:22:47 GMT
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Ing. Alfonso Romero <ibac@prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> Hi, I have managed to install Roller on a subdomain using Virtual Hosts on Tomcat &
Apache, and I also have another Roller instance on my main Web site. I want to use blogs with
personalized user names, like john.domain.com, and all is working great. My question: Is there
any way to prevent a weblog user from creating blogs inside a subdomain? for example, john.domain.com/derek?
My idea is to let only one user create all the blogs he/she wants on one subdomain, but donĀ“t
let him register new users.

Roller 4.0 and 4.0.1 do not support that feature, but it's a very good idea.

- Dave