roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access servlets in roller
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:14:05 GMT
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Leena Borle <lsborle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>  Actually what I want to do is,
>  I have roller-weblogger integrated into another struts2 application. And I
> want to display list of updated/new blogs on this other application's JSP.
> How do I do that?

Another approach: if Roller is truly integrated into your web
application and the Roller jars are in your app's WEB-INF/lib
directory, then you should be able to call the Roller classes right
from your Struts actions or your JSP pages.

Take a look at some of the Struts actions in Roller for an example.
Generally the programming model is something like this:

Weblogger roller =
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerFactory.getWeblogger();
WeblogManager wmgr = roller.getWeblogManager();
List entries = wmgr.getEntries(... arguments ...); // list of
WeblogEntry objects

Javadocs for 4.0 are here:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-4.0/javadocs