roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog entries with expiration date?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:23:05 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> You used go be able to set the publish date to a future date/time to get
> this functionality. I haven't tried lately.

Scheduled entries does work, but that's only for publishing an entry
at a specific time in the future.

There is no way to unpublish an entry at a specific time. Seems like
an odd use case for blogging. Once you publish a blog entry it will
get indexed and cached by systems all around the web, search indexes
and feed readers; it's out there and there's no way to pull it back in
even if you do erase it from your site.

Note that you can limit the amount of time that comments are allowed
on an entry.

- Dave