roller-user mailing list archives

From Henning Brune <henning.br...@uni-bielefeld.de>
Subject Re: How to integrate JRoller in existing website.
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:00:13 GMT
Hello,

we made an integration of JRoller with our existing user management.
We filled the two tables David mentioned from our user management
which was not to difficult because jroller and our system live side by
side in the same oracle database. Now when we create a new user in our
system a similar account is created in jroller.

Then we made an integration with CAS. Seems to work though we did not
go into production yet.

Here are some further details on our implementation:

* in our user management it is possible to delete a username completly
and then to assign it again to a new user. In JRoller it seems this is
not intended. As far as I understand it you should only inactivate a
user. So we had to find a way to deal with this (we rename the roller
users).

* we don't care about changes a user makes to his profile through the
jroller interface.

* because we are using CAS authentication we don't propagate passwords
to jroller.

-Henning

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM, (David) Ming Xia
<david.ming.xia@ibol.biz> wrote:
> Hi, Arun.
>
>    In creating accout in Apache Roller, you need to insert a user profile including
password into table ROLLERUSER and you also need to insert one or two user role record into
table USERROLE.  You can take a look and compare these two tables with the tables for JForum
and OpenFire.

>    I feel it should be easier if you implement a UI and directly transact to all the
user profile tables of JRoller, JForum and OpenFire.

>    By the way, I really like JForum and OpenFire you mentioned, do you know any other
Java open sources, for example,  online inventory and shopping card?   Truly appreciate.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Henning Brune

http://ekvv.uni-bielefeld.de/pers_publ/publ/PersonDetail.jsp?personId=10185

Universität Bielefeld