roller-user mailing list archives

From Henning Brune <henning.br...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About the Apache Roller Permalink
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:52:40 GMT
The database schema generated by roller creates a unique index on the
attribute 'website.handle' (at least in our oracle database).
Therefore it is guaranteed that no two blogs share the same handle. I
did not test it but I would guess that the user interface also
prevents the reuse of a handle already in use.

-Henning

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM, (David) Ming Xia
<david.ming.xia@ibol.biz> wrote:
> Hi, All.
>
>   A question on permalink.  When I created a weblog, I got the URL as
I created an entry, I got  http://<host IP>/<web application context>/<handle
name>/entry/<entry name>.  I feel this could cause conflict very easily.  When we
use Apache Roller to serve multiple users, it is highly possible that some users think of
the same handle names and same entry names.

context>/<user id>/<handle name>,  and we have web log entry URL as http://<host