roller-user mailing list archives

From "Shaffer, Kurt" <Kurt_Shaf...@steris.com>
Subject RE: Removal of weblog
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:46:31 GMT
Dave,

I'll give it shot, if I do it one at a time then try to remove it via
the browser, would that help in pin-pointing where the issue lies?

Thankx,
Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 14:21
To: user@roller.apache.org; Shaffer, Kurt
Subject: Re: Removal of weblog

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... unfortunately, I don't see any obvious work-around.
>
> You mentioned Roller 4.0 and 4.1 and MySQL 5.0.
> What app server and version of Java are you running?

Ok, so there is a workaround, but it involves using SQL to remove the
weblog.

Make sure you backup your database (and know how to restore from
backup) and make sure you know what you are doing, use at your own
risk, no guarantees, etc. etc.

You'll have to do something like this:
   select id from website where handle=' HANDLE OF WEBLOG TO DELETE';

Once you have that ID, then use it to delete the things associated
with the weblog:

   delete from weblogcategory where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY
ABOVE ';
   delete from weblogentry where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY ABOVE
';
   delete from webpage where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY ABOVE ';
   delete from folder where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY ABOVE ';
   delete from roller_weblogentrytag where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM
QUERY ABOVE ';
   delete from roller_weblogentrytagagg where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID
FROM QUERY ABOVE ';
   delete from roller_comment where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY
ABOVE ';
   delete from pingqueueentry where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY
ABOVE ';
   delete from referer where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY ABOVE ';
   delete from roller_hitcount where websiteid=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY
ABOVE ';

Once you have done a couple of the above deletes, you might be able to
delete the weblog via the UI.

If not, keep going and then delete the weblog itself:
   delete from website where id=' WEBLOG ID FROM QUERY ABOVE ';

- Dave