roller-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rocco Scappatura" <Rocco.Scappat...@infracom.it>
Subject RE: w.bloggar oddity
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:01:21 GMT
Dave,

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Rocco Scappatura
> <Rocco.Scappatura@infracom.it> wrote:
> > I've installed roller 3.1 on a W2K professional platform. I'm using
> > w.bloggar as blogger client. But (I don't know since when exactly)
it
> > happens that after I post an article the first time and I try to
> update
> > the same article I get an HTTP 500 error. On the Roller logs I see
> the
> > following error:
> >
> > ERROR 2009-02-23 01:59:06,216 StandardWrapperValve:invoke -
> > Servlet.service() for servlet RollerXMLRPCServlet threw exception
> > org.apache.xmlrpc.ParseFailed: Unparseable date: "20090223T01.58.56"
> >        at
> > org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcRequestProcessor.processRequest(Unknown
> Source)
> >        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcWorker.execute(Unknown Source)
> >        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(Unknown Source)
> >        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(Unknown Source)
> 
> 
> Yes, that is rather odd. What version of wbloggar are you using?

The latest (v4.03)

> Dates in XML-RPC are supposed to be ISO-8601, see:
>    http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
> 

Interesting, I will take a look deeply this evening..

> And that date 20090223T01.58.56" does not appear to be properly
> formatted.
> 
> Is there a way to configure the date format used by wbloggar?

I haven't seen an y such features..

> Is there a Roller-specific setting for bloggar?

Yes. The configuration of the account properties let to specify "Roller
Weblogger" between different "Blog tool". I have set in this windows,
the following values:

Host: www - dot - rocsca - dot - it
Path: /roller/roller-services/xmlrpc
Port: 80
Timeout: 30 secs
HTTPS: False
UTF-8: False (but nothing happens is I choose the contrary)

I neverthless use a proxy server.

As I said, as soon I upload the post for the first time the document is
accepted. Then I get the post for the blogger and all is still OK. The
second time (and the next) that I try to upload the post I receive a
HTTP 500 error code.

But indeed the date format is already wrong when I save the post on
local file system the first time:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<postData>
<params>
<param>
<value>
<struct>
<member>
<name>accountID</name>
<value>
<int>-1</int>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>blogID</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>postID</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>textTitle</name>
<value>
<string>Ciao</string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>textBody</name>
<value>
<string>Ciao</string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>dateCreated</name>
<value>
<dateTime.iso8601>18991230T00.00.00</dateTime.iso8601>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>textMore</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>excerpt</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>keywords</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>allowComments</name>
<value>
<int>-1</int>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>allowPings</name>
<value>
<int>-1</int>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>textFilter</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>trackBack</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
<member>
<name>categories</name>
<value>
<string></string>
</value>
</member>
</struct>
</value>
</param>
</params>
</postData>

I really figure out what could be the cause of this strange behaviour (I
had even changed the language setting of my PC setting but without
success).

rocsca

Mime
View raw message