roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACTIVATE user account link email
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:43:11 GMT
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM,  <zahidr@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> When I create user account(s) the screen with the following message appears :
> Your new user account has been created.
>
> In order to login to the system, you have to activate your user account by clicking the
link that is sent to you via e-mail.

> That is OK but I am using a  email server(with local settings), no actual emails beings
sent and so the emails are disppearing into somewhere .

> How can I find out what the links are so that I can activate the user accounts.

That should not be happening unless you enable email activation of new
accounts. It is turned off by default. Sounds like you might be using
an appserver or database that is not well tested (i.e. something other
than Tomcat or Glassfish and MySQL or Derby).

Please let us know:

    * What version of Roller are you using? If you are building from
sources, on which branch are you building?

       You said 4.0.1

    * What Application Server version are you using?
    * What database are you using?
    * What Java version are you using?
    * What operating system are you using?
    * If applicable, what browser are you using?

Do you see any stack traces in Roller's log files when you attempt to
register a new user?

Thanks,
- Dave