roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tags
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:03:08 GMT
On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Odelya YomTov <odelya@jpost.com> wrote:
> I have a problem that I am trying to solve for quite a long time.
> I want to display tags for all the site.
> So I use the method:
> $site.getPopularTags(-1, 10)
>
> #foreach ($tag in $mytags)
>    <a class="tag${tag.intensity}" href="$url.tag($tag.name)">$tag.name</a>
>   #end

OK. Good. Make sure that is the tempate that your main blog's tagsIndex page.

> The URL points to my site + /tags/harris etc..

Good.

> In the site I have the following code:
> #set($pager = $model.getWeblogEntriesPager())
> #set($map = $pager.getEntries())
> #if ($map.keySet().size()!=0)
> #foreach($day in $map.keySet())
>  #set($entries = $map.get($day))
>  #foreach($entry in $entries)
>    $entry.title
>  #end
>  #end
> #end
>
> But it doesn't display the entries with the tags as I would expect!
> $model.getWeblogEntriesPager() - retruns an empty pager.
> (I saw an example in http://blogs.sun.com/)
> What do I need to change in the main blog's code so it would work?

Site wide pagers work a little differently. They don't divide entries
up into a day map.

Try this instead:

#set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager(365, 30))
#foreach($entry in $pager.getItems())
   $entry.title
#end

Where 365 is the number of days back in time you wish to go (or -1 for
no limit), and 30 is the max number of entries you want.

- Dave