roller-user mailing list archives

From "\(David\) Ming Xia" <david.ming....@ibol.biz>
Subject Re: How to integrate JRoller in existing website.
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:40:02 GMT
Hi, Arun.

   In creating accout in Apache Roller, you need to insert a user profile including password
into table ROLLERUSER and you also need to insert one or two user role record into table USERROLE.
You can take a look and compare these two tables with the tables for JForum and OpenFire.

   I feel it should be easier if you implement a UI and directly transact to all the user
profile tables of JRoller, JForum and OpenFire.

   By the way, I really like JForum and OpenFire you mentioned, do you know any other Java
open sources, for example,  online inventory and shopping card?   Truly appreciate.

Regards.

David

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Arun Kumar <arun_kumar@persistent.co.in> wrote:

From: Arun Kumar <arun_kumar@persistent.co.in>
Subject: How to integrate JRoller in existing website.
To: user@roller.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 1:46 AM

Hi,

I have a website that has integrated jForum and OpenFire for forum and
community support.

This website uses a database and tables needed by JForum and OpenFire and
created in this database.

Queries fired by JForum, etc were modified so that all thse can use the same
User-information table that has username and password fields.

Can the same be done with JRoller?

I know that I can create the tables needed by JRoller in the existing
database. What I want is that JRoller used the same User-information table
that others are using.

So is this possible?

Can the queries fired by JRoller be changed so that it mapps to the existing
User-information table ?

Is there some mapping mechanism available that will simplify this?

Please help, I'm really new to JRoller and am stuck on this from a week.

Thanks,

-Arun