roller-user mailing list archives

From Edd Grant <...@mredd.co.uk>
Subject Issues using PlanetModel in a weblog.
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:07:57 GMT
Hi,

Apologies if this is a bit long, I'll try and explain as concisely as
possible!

Section 8.2.1 of the roller template guide states that the PlanetModel can
be made accessible in weblogs, I have followed the instructions to do this
and have added the following block to my roller-custom.properties

# Set of models to be made available for weblog page rendering
rendering.pageModels=\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.PageModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.ConfigModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.UtilitiesModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.URLModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.MessageModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.CalendarModel,\
*org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.PlanetModel,\*
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.MenuModel

I have then setup a custom subscription group called "Twitter" in planet
admin and have initially pointed this at my twitter Atom feed.

I have then created a new 'Twitter' template (snippit below) which I am
calling from weblog, this attempts to access the "Twitter" aggregation pager
to display available entries from my twitter feed:

#set($maxResults = 25)
#set($since = 365)
## Get the aggregation pager object for the twitter subscription group.
#set($twitterpager = $planet.getAggregationPager("Twitter", $since,
$maxResults))
    #if($twitterpager.items.size() > 0)
feed</a>
$config.feedMaxSize
    #end
    #if($twitterpager.items.size() > 0)
        #foreach($entry in $twitterpager.items)
                <a class="entryTitle"
href="$utils.escapeHTML($entry.permalink)">
                    ## Insert a link to the entry and display the entry's
published time.
                    #if($entry.pubTime)
                        <a
href="$entry.permalink">$utils.formatDate($entry.pubTime,
$text.get("macro.weblog.date.toStringFormat"))</a>
                    #end
                </a>
These are the entry details.

                    #if($entry.displayContent)

$utils.truncateNicely($utils.removeHTML($entry.displayContent), 240, 260,
"...")
                    #else ## planet entries don't have displayContent

$utils.truncateNicely($utils.removeHTML($entry.text), 240, 260, "...")
                    #end
        #end
    #end

I have the following problems:

1: http://blog.mredd.co.uk/roller/planetrss?group=Twitter only ever shows
the latest entry from my twitter feed - I'm expecting it to show all
available entries, is this a bad assumptiong?
2: My 'Twitter' template also only ever shows the latest entry from my
twitter feed.
3: An aside really but I get a really nasty ClassNotFoundException when I
put the PlanetModel last in the list of rendering.feedModels in
roller-custom.properties, thought I'd mention in case it was related.

I'm using Roller 4.0.1 with MySQL 5, JDK 1.5 all on CentOS.

Would be most grateful if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here.

Cheers,

Edd

--
WWW: http://www.mredd.co.uk