roller-user mailing list archives

From "\(David\) Ming Xia" <david.ming....@ibol.biz>
Subject Re: About the Apache Roller Permalink
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 04:22:31 GMT
Well.  Another scenario could be like this, you created a weblog http://raibledesigns.com/mydesign,
and I may happened think of the same handle name 'design', so I would enter 'mydesign', and
now collision.

David

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

From: Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com>
Subject: Re: About the Apache Roller Permalink
To: user@roller.apache.org, david.ming.xia@ibol.biz
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 11:13 PM

Why would you want both user id and handle in the URL? On my blog, that would look like:

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/rd

Since my handle and userid are the same.

Matt

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM, (David) Ming Xia <david.ming.xia@ibol.biz> wrote:

Hi, All.

  A question on permalink.  When I created a weblog, I got the URL as
created an entry, I got  http://<host IP>/<web application context>/<handle
name>/entry/<entry name>.  I feel this could cause conflict very easily.  When
we use Apache Roller to serve multiple users, it is highly possible that some users think
of the same handle names and same entry names.

  I would suggest that we have weblog URL as http://<host IP>/<web application context>/<user
id>/<handle name>,  and we have web log entry URL as http://<host IP>/<web

  Anybody know where I can modify the code for weblog URL?

Thank you very much.

David