roller-user mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Re: Aggregated Frontpage Enhancements
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:53:32 GMT
Dave wrote:
> 1) a new page in the Admin UI (or somewhere else) for viewing the
> paging through the most recent blogs across the whole site and then
> marking the ones you will want displayed or on the front page.
>
> 2) a new manager or new methods in the existing Manager interface for
> fetching entries that are marked for display on the main page.
>
> 3) some way to mark entries for display on the main page of the blog.
> I guess you could use the exiting "pinned" field as the flag.

That flag doesn't have enough semantics to pin the entry in a specific
place in main, or another template. I was thinking of adding a small
input field next to the "Pinned to main" checkbox where users can type a
page area ID, e.g. "top story" and

> 4) a new "Page Model" class (for use in templates) that will return
> the most recently weblog entries that are allowed to be displayed.

... add a method (i.e. WeblogEntryWrapper getSmartPin(String id)) to
page model for people that can work on templates to use it. I can also
provide an alternative main template but that will take me some time.

Relational-wise, perhaps I could just add a table for that like

create table smart_pins (
     id          varchar(32) not null primary key,
     entry_id              varchar(48) not null
);
alter table smart_pins add constraint smrtpn_entryid_fk foreign key (
entry_id ) references weblogentry ( id );

WDYT?

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _