roller-user mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problems setting up mail (Tomcat)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:48:11 GMT
Hi there,

I've just downloaded and installed Roller 4.0.

Systems:

- Debian 4
- Tomcat 6
- Java 6
- Postfix (MTA)

The mail-properties in roller-custom.properties look like:

mail.configurationType=properties
mail.hostname=example.com
mail.username=john
mail.password=somepass

Obviously, example.com is a replacement for my real hostname which I
don't want to post in public, same goes for username / password.

When I change to the console and change the user to john ("su john"),
I can send email using the "mail"-command (actually it's "nail", but
that shouldn't matter here).
What I'm trying to say is: Mail is working, and user john can send mail.

However, Roller will not accept the configuration but is throwing the
following exception:

WARN  2008-12-12 23:26:26,392 MailUtil:sendEmailNotification -
Exception sending comment notification mail
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException
       at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:319)
       at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:169)
       at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:118)
       at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:188)
       at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:140)

[ rest of the stacktrace deleted ]

I've got really no idea what's going wrong here. I was already
wondering if I should setup a JNDI-mail-session, but read in Google
that Roller cannot handle that, either.

Could somebody please shed some light what I am missing here?

TIA

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2