roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller 4.0 + GlassFish v3 Prelude: OpenJPA strangeness (CNFE: org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap)
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 03:32:16 GMT
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Alex Coles <alex.coles@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am migrating a Roller 4.0 installation from Tomcat to GlassFish v3 Prelude
> (b28c, I believe). In so doing so, I came across the following strangeness:
> There were errors initializing your configuration:
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.ParseException: Instantiation of plugin
> "QueryCompilationCache" with value "true" caused an error
> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap". The alias or class name may have been
> misspelled (as it closely matches the valid plugin alias "true"), or the
> class may not be available in the class path.  Valid aliases for this plugin
> are: [all, false, true]
>        at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.getCreateException(Configurations.java:341)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap
>
> For the full log output see: http://gist.github.com/25652
>
> I tried disabling all plugins, custom settings, and using a barebones setup.
> Actually, I stole the barebones roller-custom.properties from the following
> site:
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/articles/2008/05/20/roller-4-on-glassfish-v3
>
> I only got Roller + GlassFish working together, by adding the following JPA
> configuration to my roller-custom.properties:
> openjpa.QueryCompilationCache=false

How did you figure that one out?

> I've fixed it, and it works, but the problem is, I am not 100% sure why it
> works! Does this look like a bug in Roller? GlassFish? Anyone who could shed some
> light on this? I also need to understand the implications of turning off
> OpenJPA's QueryCompilationCache.

I'm not sure what problem is, but it looks like some sort of
classloader craziness that could burn some hours to investigate. It's
possible that the problem does not exist in OpenJPA 1.x --
unfortunately, Roller is still using OpenJPA 0.97.

And I'm not sure what the performance implications of turning off the
query compilation cache. It's probably a bad thing, but I don't know
how much of a performance hit you'd take.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

- Dave