roller-user mailing list archives

From "Dick Davies" <rasput...@hellooperator.net>
Subject Re: scheduled tasks don't run on Oracle (or DB2, or probably PostgreSQL)
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:09:17 GMT
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Ron Peterson <rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu> wrote:
> 2008-11-20_11:24:52-0500 Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>:

>> In a nutshell, the JPA config seems to assume that CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
>> is low precision (i.e. hundredths of a second).
>
>> I've filed this as https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1760 ,

> I'll bet a bagel it's the same as this.
> https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1657
>
> I've been scratching my head about this myself the last couple of days.
> Thanks a _lot_ for the diagnosis.

No problem, I'm a PostgreSQL fanboy myself so if we can fix it for
both I'll be very happy :)

You can probably check if you like by turning off all but one of the
scheduled tasks and then
whacking up the debug level for JPA; try adding this to roller-custom.properties
(we also took the server out of load balance so the only DB activity
in the log was task related)

tasks.enabled=PingQueueTask
log4j.appender.roller.File=${catalina.base}/logs/roller-debug.log
log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.runnable=DEBUG
# generate an insane amount of JPA debugging
openjpa.Log=commons
log4j.category.openjpa.Tool=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.Runtime=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.Remote=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.DataCache=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.MetaData=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.Enhance=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.Query=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.jdbc.SQL=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.jdbc.JDBC=DEBUG
log4j.category.openjpa.jdbc.Schema=DEBUG

that's how we got the prepared statements that were being generated,
then it's a case of
grepping the source tree.

To clarify; we don't have a fix for this yet, we've tried altering
timestamp columns so they
are less fine grained but I'm not convinced that will fix things. May
resort to hacking the code
today (to take out the extra WHERE clauses), will let you all know how
that goes.

Though if Dave wants to fix this and release 4.0.1 this afternoon,
that'll be fine too :)