roller-user mailing list archives

From Ron Peterson <rpete...@mtholyoke.edu>
Subject Re: configuration explication
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:53:27 GMT
2008-11-18_07:52:09-0500 Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Ron Peterson <rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu> wrote:

> > tasks.RefreshRollerPlanetTask.startTime=startOfHour (what are other options here?)
> > tasks.RefreshRollerPlanetTask.interval=60
> > tasks.RefreshRollerPlanetTask.leaseTime=30
>
> According to the comments the startTime "Should be one of ...
> 'immediate', 'startOfDay', 'startOfHour'"
>
> The interval is in minutes, so this task runs every hour.
>
> The leaseTime is 30 minutes, so the task has 30 minutes to complete
> its work. If somebody/thing else tries to start the refresh task
> before the lease expires, they won't be able to get a lease.

Thanks Dave.

Not positive, but I think I may be running into this bug:

https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1657

My front page is not updating to reflect new entries.  I'm running the
Roller 4.0 branch I downloaded from subversion on Nov 13th, against
PostgreSQL 8.3.5 using JDBC 8.3 604.  I need to make this work somehow,
so I'll keep looking into it.  If anyone has any pointers, that would be
great.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager