roller-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Madigan" <...@madigans.org>
Subject RE: Programmatic Interface
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:20:49 GMT
Brian,

Thanks for the information,  I think I am going to have to grock around in
the code some.  I need the ability to generate hieratical categories, and
add blog authors, people who can write blogs, on the fly.  It has to sit
within my application so I have to present it in a consistent UI.

I will have to see what's available.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Levine [mailto:levine_brian@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 4:20 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: RE: Programatic Interface

Ray, there are a couple of interfaces for publishing blog entries (not sure
about other aspects).  There's the metaweblog api and an atom api.  I
personally use the metaweblog api, but I believe Atom is the preferred way
to go.

If you're interested, I did a writeup on the list a while ago about what I
found:
http://roller.markmail.org/message/uysdhfuzi2ywnlda?q=programmatic+blog+crea
tion#query:programmatic%20blog%20creation+page:1+mid:uysdhfuzi2ywnlda+state:
results

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/