roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add new Widgets or plugin capability
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:14:01 GMT
Sorry about the delayed response, I've had too many deadlines at once.

Comments inline below...

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Harsh Gupta
<harsh.gupta@indiatimes.co.in> wrote:
> Does Roller support adding new widget capability, like the one that blogger
> or Wordpress supports? For e.g In Wordpress you get some widgets plugins
> that can be incorporated into Wordpress to get this widgeting functionality.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19622443/widget.gif
> I am on the way to add this to roller.

No, we do not have such a feature but we have discussed it before.

   Proposal: Widgets and Panels
   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/zrw

> My second question is "what all editorial/admin customization can be done in
> roller?" For Eg if i want to keep different editorial layout for different
> user or if i want show different editorial fields for different users, then
> can it be done or not. I know that editorial theme can be changed by
> changing a roller property but that only changes look & feel and not the
> layout.
> Of course the theme and layout can be changed on user's view side by changing
> the templates but can the same be achieved for editorial part as well?

For the editor/admin UI, you'd have to do that by changing the Roller
Struts actions and JSP pages to obey your rules about which fields and
layouts to show for each yser.

- Dave