roller-user mailing list archives

From "Guglielmo Carandente" <g.carande...@cnmedia.it>
Subject R: Problem with special chars like in entry permalink
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:17:41 GMT
I make all changes, but alwais don't work...
But is strange
Link
http://blog.kisskiss.it/kblog/telegu/entry/_bello don't work
http://blog.kisskiss.it/kblog/telegu/entry/e_bello work
but in database anchor is _bello

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Anil Gangolli [mailto:anil@busybuddha.org]
Inviato: gioved 9 ottobre 2008 16.51
A: user@roller.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Problem with special chars like  in entry permalink

Unfortunately, we have to look at more things, so there are many more
questions.

Did you set up your database to store characters in UTF-8 as well?
Make sure that the database is set up to use UTF-8 and that the jdbc URL
for the database connection specifies UTF-8 encoding.  The installation
guide describes how to do this for MySQL.

Do the characters in your title and in your blog entries get stored and
retrieved properly?

What version of Roller are you using?
What version of Tomcat?

Have you made any local modifications to Roller, particularly with the
servlet filters?  Check to make sure that CharEncodingFilter is the
first filter mapping in the filter chain in your web.xml.

If you have modified your Velocity templates (themes)?   Do these
characters work when you use the original themes?

--a.