roller-user mailing list archives

From "Ambuj Tiwari" <ambuj.tiw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Start-Up
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:23:15 GMT
Yeah, I have put roller-custom.properties at Tomcat 5.0\common\classes and
mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar and activation.jar at Lib folder.

I'm not sure about the file you are talking in Meta-INF.. I can just see on
context.xml-example file there which has content like..

<!--
Example Tomcat Context Configuration file for Roller

If you'd like to use Tomcat provided datasource and mail sessions then:
- Set database.connetionType=jndi property in roller-custom.properties
- Set mail.connetionType=jndi property in roller-custom.properties
- Set the correct values for docBase, driverClassName, url, username,
  password and mail.smtp.host in the text below.
- Rename this file to context.xml and deploy Roller directory to Tomcat.
-->
<Context path="/roller"
    docBase="/user/local/apache-roller-4.0/webapp/roller" debug="0">

  <Resource name="jdbc/rollerdb" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;mysqlEncoding=utf8"
    username="scott"
    password="tiger"
    maxActive="20" maxIdle="3" removeAbandoned="true" maxWait="3000" />

  <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
     mail.smtp.host="smtp-server.example.com" />

</Context>

Do you want me to change something there?

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Harsh Gupta
<harsh.gupta@indiatimes.co.in>wrote:

> [...]
> > org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.StartupException: ERROR:
> > unable
> > to obtain database connection. Likely problem: bad connection parameters
> > or
> > database unavailable.
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.DatabaseProvider.<init>(DatabaseProvider.java:148)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:171)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3618)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4095)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:880)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:843)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)
> >     at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1063)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1011)
> >     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1003)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:420)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
> >     at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:1967)
> >     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:545)
> >     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >     at

> >     at

> >     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
> >     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Harsh Gupta

Weblogger