roller-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lindsay Patten <BLindsayPat...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: roller stops tomcat server during startup (mystery solved)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:35:23 GMT
Ok, I got things working again.  The problem is that in the process of 
being deployed the roller app connects to the mail server specified in 
the roller-custom.properties file.  If that connection doesn't work 
properly (the code is blocked trying to read something from the mail 
server) the deployment hangs and any further webapps are not deployed, 
and the container is locked/hung.  I don't know what changed at the mail 
server that it isn't working anymore, my other apps that send mail 
through that server still work.  I'm not at all sure it is a good thing 
for the startup of roller and indeed the entire tomcat server to rely on 
a mail server.  I don't know whether it is a flaw in tomcat that it gets 
hung up when a webapp gets hung up, or a flaw in roller that it allows 
itself to get hung up by a mail server during deployment.

Lindsay

In the process of deploying roller tomcat calls StandardHost.addChild 
which sets some locks which prevents things like listing applications in 
tomcat manager until its done, but in the process of initialization it 
looks like it tries to connect to a mail server. I presume that in my 
case the server it is connecting to is not responding as expected 
leaving all of tomcat hung.

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
...
at 
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.<init>(MailProvider.java:96)
at 
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)
at 
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
...
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)

Here is the full thread dump:

    "http-66.221.123.218-8080-1" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080e95d8 nid=0x7860
    runnable

    [0xbe5fe000..0xbe5ff88c]
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
            at
    com.sun.mail.util.TraceInputStream.read(TraceInputStream.java:79)
            at
    java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
            at
    java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
            - locked <0x659cf888> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
            at
    com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInputStream.java:57)
            at
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1327)
            at
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1191)
            at
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:311)
            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)
            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)
            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:86)
            at
    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.connect(SMTPTransport.java:144)
            - locked <0x659c6a18> (a com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport)
            at
    org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:128)
            at
    org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.<init>(MailProvider.java:96)
            at

    org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)
            at

    org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
            - locked <0x6609d618> (a
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
            - locked <0x65f6f5b0> (a java.util.HashMap)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:519)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1231)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
            at
    org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
            at
    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:213)
            at
    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
            at

    com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:81

    5)
            at
    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1471)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:824)
            at

    org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManagerServlet.java:278)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:111)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
            at

    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
            at

    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
            at
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
            at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
            at

    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
            at
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)



Lindsay Patten wrote:
> I installed mysql-5.0.67 with no difference in behavior.  Which mysql 
> driver version are you using?
> The install guide says:
>      For MySQL 5.X use the J/Connector *3.1.X* JDBC drivers instead of 
> the newer *3.1.X* series.
> Hmmm.
> Anyway, I tried all three drivers available from mysql.com, no 
> difference.
> At this point I don't think it is necessarily a database issue.
>
> What does roller normally do after reading the properties file?  What 
> is normally in the roller log after:
>    SUCCESS: loaded JDBC driver class [org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver]
>
> So I've got a clean install of roller running on a clean install of 
> apache using a clean install of mysql and it doesn't work.
> I've tried it with two versions of the JDK.  All my other webapps are 
> working normally.  What are the possibilities?!?
>
> I got the following thread dump taken after Roller output.  Does 
> anything ring any bells?
>
>    Roller Weblogger: Successfully loaded custom properties file from
>    classpath
>    Full thread dump Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed
>    mode,
>    
> sharing):                                                                           
    
>
>    "MySQL Statement Cancellation Timer" daemon prio=1 tid=0x475bea78
>    nid=0x78b4 in Object.wait()
>    
> [0xbdfff000..0xbdfff60c]                                                 
>    at java.lang.Object.wait(Native
>    Method)                                         - waiting on
>    <0x661d86e8> (a java.util.TaskQueue)                              
>    at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
>            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:483)
>            - locked <0x661d86e8> (a java.util.TaskQueue)
>            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
>
>    "Store userCache Expiry Thread" daemon prio=1 tid=0x4627b6e0
>    nid=0x78b3 waiting on condition [0xbe1ff000..0xbe1ff78c]
>            at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
>            at
>    net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.expiryThreadMain(DiskStore.java:641)
>            at 
> net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.access$700(DiskStore.java:89)
>            at
>    net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore$ExpiryThread.run(DiskStore.java:772)
>
>    "Store userCache Spool Thread" daemon prio=1 tid=0x47551288
>    nid=0x78b2 in Object.wait() [0xbe3ff000..0xbe3ff70c]
>            at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>            - waiting on <0x6614dca0> (a net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore)
>            at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
>            at
>    net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.spoolThreadMain(DiskStore.java:476)
>            - locked <0x6614dca0> (a net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore)
>            at 
> net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.access$600(DiskStore.java:89)
>            at
>    net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore$SpoolThread.run(DiskStore.java:755)
>
>    "http-66.221.123.218-8080-1" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080e95d8 nid=0x7860
>    runnable [0xbe5fe000..0xbe5ff88c]
>            at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
>            at
>    com.sun.mail.util.TraceInputStream.read(TraceInputStream.java:79)
>            at
>    java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
>            at
>    java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
>            - locked <0x659cf888> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
>            at
>    com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInputStream.java:57)
>            at
>    
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1327) 
>
>            at
>    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1191)
>            at
>    
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:311)
>            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)
>            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)
>            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:86)
>            at
>    com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.connect(SMTPTransport.java:144)
>            - locked <0x659c6a18> (a com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:128)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.<init>(MailProvider.java:96)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
>            - locked <0x6609d618> (a
>    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791) 
>
>            - locked <0x65f6f5b0> (a java.util.HashMap)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926) 
>
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:519)
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1231)
>            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>            at
>    
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>
>            at
>    
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>
>            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297) 
>
>            at
>    
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:213) 
>
>            at
>    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
>            at
>    
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)

>
>            at
>    com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1471) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:824) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManagerServlet.java:278)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:111) 
>
>            at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
>            at 
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845) 
>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>    "http-66.221.123.218-8080-Acceptor-0" daemon prio=1 tid=0x0852cc20
>    nid=0x764b runnable [0xbe7ff000..0xbe7ff80c]
>            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
>            - locked <0x65f86c70> (a java.net.SocksSocketImpl)
>            at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
>            at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:61)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>    "ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]" daemon
>    prio=1 tid=0x0840efe0 nid=0x764a waiting for monitor entry
>    [0xbe9ff000..0xbe9ff58c]
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.findChildren(ContainerBase.java:859) 
>
>            - waiting to lock <0x65f6f5b0> (a java.util.HashMap)
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1607)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)

>
>            at
>    
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)

>
>            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>    "Low Memory Detector" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080a7a00 nid=0x7648
>    runnable [0x00000000..0x00000000]
>
>    "CompilerThread0" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080a64c8 nid=0x7647 waiting on
>    condition [0x00000000..0xbeffeff4]
>
>    "Signal Dispatcher" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080a53a0 nid=0x7646 waiting
>    on condition [0x00000000..0x00000000]
>
>    "Finalizer" daemon prio=1 tid=0x0809e1c0 nid=0x7645 in Object.wait()
>    [0xbf3ff000..0xbf3ff70c]
>            at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>            - waiting on <0x65ea96d8> (a 
> java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
>            at 
> java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:116)
>            - locked <0x65ea96d8> (a java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock)
>            at 
> java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:132)
>            at
>    java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:159)
>
>    "Reference Handler" daemon prio=1 tid=0x0809d4b0 nid=0x7644 in
>    Object.wait() [0xbf5ff000..0xbf5ff88c]
>            at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>            - waiting on <0x65ea9758> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
>            at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
>            at
>    java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:116)
>            - locked <0x65ea9758> (a java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock)
>
>    "main" prio=1 tid=0x0805c4b8 nid=0x7641 runnable
>    [0xbfffc000..0xbfffd4b8]
>            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
>            - locked <0x66069f88> (a java.net.SocksSocketImpl)
>            at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
>            at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:389)
>            at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:642)
>            at 
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:602)
>            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>            at
>    
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>
>            at
>    
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>
>            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
>            at
>    org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
>
>    "VM Thread" prio=1 tid=0x080989f8 nid=0x7643 runnable
>
>    "VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=1 tid=0x080a8eb0 nid=0x7649 waiting
>    on condition
>
>
> Thanks,
>     Lindsay
>
> Brian Levine wrote:
>> Hmm, that's weird.  I'm using similar software and haven't seen 
>> that.  The main main difference is the mysql version (I'm on 5.x).  
>> Maybe there's a compatibility issue there, but I don't know since it 
>> was running fine for a while...
>>
>> On your clean install can you try using the latest mysql and see if 
>> that helps?
>>
>>
>>  
>>> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:15:08 -0300
>>> From: BLindsayPatten@netscape.net
>>> To: user@roller.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: roller stops tomcat server during startup
>>>
>>> No errors at all, only the regular warning that I'm not using the 
>>> tomcat native library for optimal performance.
>>>
>>> Brian Levine wrote:
>>>    
>>>> If you look back further in the logs are there any errors?
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:25:21 -0300
>>>>> From: BLindsayPatten@netscape.net
>>>>> To: user@roller.apache.org
>>>>> Subject: Re: roller stops tomcat server during startup
>>>>>
>>>>> A further possible clue:
>>>>> I installed a brand new copy of roller in my brand new tomcat with 
>>>>> a brand new database in mysql and tried to start tomcat up, I had 
>>>>> a typo in the password for the database and I got the could not 
>>>>> access the database page.  I shut down the server, fixed the 
>>>>> password, and restarted and the same error occurred with the logs 
>>>>> looking as below with tomcat freezing.
>>>>> So it seems that succeeding in connecting to the database is fatal.
>>>>> I'm really stumped now.  I can only hope someone has had a similar 
>>>>> experience and solved it...
>>>>> Any ideas?
>>>>> All the other apps that use the database are working just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>      Lindsay
>>>>>
>>>>> Lindsay Patten wrote:
>>>>>            
>>>>>> I forgot to include the software versions:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't know where to look for the roller version number but I 
>>>>>> only downloaded it a few months ago so I presume it is 4.0
>>>>>> My production tomcat was apache-tomcat-6.0.13, I have installed a

>>>>>> clean apache-tomcat-6.0.18 and the problem is the same.
>>>>>> I am using mysql 3.23.58
>>>>>> I am using jdk1.5.0_10  also tried with 1.6.0
>>>>>> Running Linux 2.4
>>>>>> Firefox 3.0.1
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It worked fine with the above setup for the last few months,  I 
>>>>>> haven't changed tomcat or roller or mysql or jdk or Linux recently.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Lindsay Patten wrote:
>>>>>>                
>>>>>>> I installed roller a few months ago and it has been working 
>>>>>>> without problem for months.  Two days ago my tomcat server was

>>>>>>> hung up.  I was able to isolate the problem to roller, if I 
>>>>>>> remove the roller webapp the server and all the other webapps

>>>>>>> work just fine.  I installed a clean install of tomcat 6.0.18

>>>>>>> and it starts up fine.  I move my roller directory into the 
>>>>>>> webapps directory, add the jar files and custom property files

>>>>>>> to tomcat/lib and start the server and it hangs, the other apps

>>>>>>> don't work and even tomcat shutdown doesn't work.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have included the contents of the various logs below.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> If I want to try doing a clean install of roller, what do I have

>>>>>>> to do to preserve the contents of my blog?
>>>>>>> Outside of the properties file is there anything else I need
to 
>>>>>>> preserve when starting with a new install of roller?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The final lines in catalina.out are:
>>>>>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
>>>>>>> Roller Weblogger: Successfully loaded custom properties file

>>>>>>> from classpath
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The contents of roller.log are:
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,125 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> SUCCESS: Got parameters. Using configuration type JDBC_PROPERTIES
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,136 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> -- Using JDBC driver class: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,137 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> -- Using JDBC connection URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,138 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> -- Using JDBC username: roller
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,138 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> -- Using JDBC password: [hidden]
>>>>>>> INFO  2008-09-08 12:51:13,147 DatabaseProvider:successMessage
- 
>>>>>>> SUCCESS: loaded JDBC driver class [org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The contents of localhost.2008-09-08.log are:
>>>>>>> Sep 8, 2008 12:51:11 PM 
>>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>>>>>> INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
>>>>>>> Sep 8, 2008 12:51:11 PM 
>>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>>>>>> INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()
>>>>>>> Sep 8, 2008 12:51:12 PM 
>>>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>>>>>> INFO: Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The final lines in /catalina.2008-09-08.log are:
>>>>>>> INFO: Initialization processed in 850 ms
>>>>>>> Sep 8, 2008 12:51:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService

>>>>>>> start
>>>>>>> INFO: Starting service Catalina
>>>>>>> Sep 8, 2008 12:51:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine

>>>>>>> start
>>>>>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>                     
>>>> __
>
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message