roller-user mailing list archives

From Ron Peterson <rpete...@mtholyoke.edu>
Subject Re: windows live writer vs Roller 4.0
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:20:09 GMT
2008-08-26_08:52:39-0400 Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Ron Peterson <rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu> wrote:

> > I've taken Apache https/ajp proxy out of the equation - I'm
> > connecting directly to a tomcat http connector.  Again, I can
> > retrieve data as my admin user, but not as myself.  Maybe this is
> > the way life's meant to be.  Are non-admin users disallowed from
> > using APP?  Examples below.

> If AtomPub is enabled then users with ADMIN or AUTHOR rights in a blog
> should be able to use it. LIMITED bloggers are not allowed to edit via
> AtomPub.

I finally figured this out.  Sort of.  Simple really - I should have
thought to try this right away.  I've configured security.xml to enable
LDAP authentication.  However, my LDAP credentials aren't being used for
AtomPub.  If I log in using the credentials saved to the database,
AtomPub works just fine.

What would it take to get Roller's AtomPub interface to use the same
LDAP config?  Did I just misconfigure something somewhere?  Is this
supported at this time?

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager