roller-user mailing list archives

From "Beyer,Nathan" <NBE...@CERNER.COM>
Subject RE: preferred Database (and appserver)?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:27:38 GMT
Tomcat/Derby

Tomcat/MySQL

Tomcat/MS SQL Server

I've only used Derby for testing and hacking around. The other two I've used in moderate loads
with no issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Davies [mailto:rasputnik@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 5:22 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: preferred Database (and appserver)?

Just a quick straw poll: what do most people run Roller on?

We currently on Glassfishv2 with a DB2 backend, I've had some problems
(the CalendarTags thread last week and some misbehaving scheduled tasks)
that are making me think about changing database
(not appserver; phrases involving 'cold, dead hands' spring to mind).

Oracle has the best support here, but it'll involve building a DB
cluster from scratch so I don't want to get something that turns out not to
work much better.

The impression I get is that MySQL is the 'preferred' database; is that fair?
Does anyone use Oracle successfully?

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/