roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller-4.0 and Tomcat Single Sign on
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:47:17 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Leena Borle <lsborle@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have struts2 web application with which I am trying to integrate
> Roller-4.0. I have SSO enabled using Form-based-Tomcat-JDBCRealm with
> digested password.
>  I need some guidance regarding how to enable roller to use above setup.
> After SSO, if user does no exist in roller database, does it create on in
> 'rolleruser' table ? Similarly will it use tomcat's user-roles or its own ?

I haven't deployed a system using Roller's SSO/LDAP features, but I
believe that the way it is supposed work is this. When an
authenticated user arrives and Roller determines that the user is not
yet in the Roller database, then Roller will present the new user
registration page. The page will be pre-populated as much as possible
(from LDAP attributes) and the password field will not be shown.

Once the user completes and submits the form, Roller will create a
record in its user database for the user and a record for his/her
role.

- Dave