roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More than one instances of Roller
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:41:20 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:
> Quoting "Crick Opinion" <crickopinion@yahoo.com>:
>>
>> I have been using Roller 4.0 for a while now on Solaris 10/x64. Is there a
>> way to run multiple instances of Roller4.0 on the same machine at different
>> ports? I am guessing the problem will be with database tables.
>
> I'm new to Roller, but I suspect that since it's based on the JSP/Servlet
> architecture that there should be an easy way to do it. My app server
> (Jetty) allows me to run multiple "virtual hosts" - and can't you configure
> the database information in each copy you run?
>
> Or am I missing something obvious? It's *just* a webapp. Running multiple
> copies of it should not be a big deal at all.

What are you trying to do? Do you want two instances sharing the same
data or do you want to instances each with separate databases? Both
are possible, but if you want both instances to share the same data
then you'll need to do a little configuration and disable Roller's
search feature because it will not work properly with more than one
instance of Roller.

Here's an informative and entertaining article about setting up Roller
in a cluster
    http://number9.hellooperator.net/articles/2008/08/09/see-me-rollin-they-hatin

And here's another nice one about setting up memcached for Roller in a
Glassfish cluster
   http://number9.hellooperator.net/articles/2008/08/08/memcached-on-solaris-10-for-roller4

- Dave