roller-user mailing list archives

From Simon Haslam <simon_has...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: preferred Database (and appserver)?
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:09:26 GMT
I'm happily using Roller 4.0 with Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 and Oracle Database 10.2.

There are a few Roller systems running on Oracle but not many. You need to package it up as
an EAR file to install on OC4J and there are a few "gotchas" (see my summary posting earlier
this year). Also I've found problems customising themes and haven't got round to trying to
fix properly that yet. Roller runs very reliably on Oracle though.

Following Oracle's acquisition of BEA, going forward Weblogic Server will become the strategic
java server within the Oracle Fusion Middleware stack. Therefore there's probably not much
point us putting much effort into OC4J deployment any longer. (The new Oracle WebLogic Server
10.3 release is just out so I will probably attempt to try Roller with that next week).

:Simon

Not happy with your email address?.