roller-user mailing list archives

From Angel Vera <gun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: database migration
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 03:06:38 GMT
I will first identify what you want migrated? do you care about everything being migrated or
just the main content (entries and comments?)

There is a framework that I created based on java that you can use to migrate your data, I
can point you to it but it only migrates the entries and comments, all the rest is forgoten,
ignored. You can probably enhance it to migrate the rest if you want.

----- Original Message ----
From: "Beyer,Nathan" <NBEYER@CERNER.COM>
To: user@roller.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:13:44 PM
Subject: database migration

Any suggestions on migrating a Roller 4.0 instance from one database to another? I'm currently
running on a SQL Server database and need to move the data over to a MySQL server. Does anyone
have any advice on making that transition easier?

Thanks
-Nathan

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites.
Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.