roller-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Sobol" <sjso...@JustThe.net>
Subject Re: More than one instances of Roller
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:48:27 GMT

Quoting "Crick Opinion" <crickopinion@yahoo.com>:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> I have been using Roller 4.0 for a while now on Solaris 10/x64. Is
> there a way to run multiple instances of Roller4.0 on the same
> machine at different ports? I am guessing the problem will be with
> database tables.

I'm new to Roller, but I suspect that since it's based on the
JSP/Servlet architecture that there should be an easy way to do it. My
app server (Jetty) allows me to run multiple "virtual hosts" - and
can't you configure the database information in each copy you run?

Or am I missing something obvious? It's *just* a webapp. Running
multiple copies of it should not be a big deal at all.

--
Steve Sobol / Victorville, CA, USA
It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.