roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller comment boxes bot appearing
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:43:45 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Timothy Mizas
<timothy.mizas@villanova.edu> wrote:
> In weblog.vm, I have this in my content div
>
> #if($model.weblogEntry.commentCount > 0)
>  #showWeblogEntryComments($model.weblogEntry)
> #end
> #showWeblogEntryCommentForm($model.weblogEntry)
>
> And even though there are comments on posts, when view the day or main blog site I don't
see any comments and instead of a comment form I get

> Post a Comment:
> Comments are closed for this entry.
>
> But when I click on a particular post so I am only viewing that post,
> I can see the comments and the comment form. Shouldn't that code
> snippet always display the comments and comment form?

It should always display the comments, if there are any.

But it will not show the comment form if:
- Comments are not allowed for the entry
- Comments are no longer allowed for the entry
- Comments are disabled at the weblog level
- Comments are disabled at the site-wide level

Does that that explain things?

- Dave