roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Register link?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:57:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Timothy Mizas
<timothy.mizas@villanova.edu> wrote:
> Is there a way to add a register link to the navigation section? I tried adding "<li><a
href="/roller/roller-ui/register.rol">Register</a></li>" to sidebar.vm in the
template I'm using, but I don't see any change.

That general approach should work. But the fact that you mention the
.vm extension makes me wonder: how are you doing that?

The preferred way to customize a blog theme is to use the Roller web
UI. If you are editing files on disk with a text editor, then you
might run into a couple of problems. First, if the theme you are
editing has been customized then it has already copied the disk files
into the database. Second, because of Velocity apparently unstoppable
caching you'll have to restart Roller after every change you make.

- Dave