roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up JavaMail datasource with SSL, username and password
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 02:14:41 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Ryan de Laplante <ryan@ijws.com> wrote:
> I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up a JavaMail datasource that
> uses TLS SSL, username and password.  To do this in JavaCode:
>>        Properties props = new Properties();
>>        props.put("mail.smtp.auth", "true");
> It looks like it can't be done simply by adding properties to the JavaMail
> DataSource since the roller app needs to be able to use the username and
> password.   Does Roller have such a feature?
>
> BTW I'm using GlassFish V2.

I don't believe you can set username/password for container managed
mail sessions on Tomcat or Glassfish. That's why we have the plain old
mail setup (i.e. not container managed, not JNDI), which does allow
you to set username/password -- but does not do anything to configure
SSL (your code example doesn't seem to do SSL either).

Here's what you'd add to your roller-custom.properties file to setup
mail with username and password:

        mail.configurationType=properties
        mail.hostname=smtp-server.example.com
        mail.username=scott