roller-user mailing list archives

From "Dick Davies" <rasput...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clustering Roller4 : how do you make sure tasks.clientId is unique?
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:15:52 GMT
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Anil Gangolli <anil@busybuddha.org> wrote:

> In your roller-custom.properties, define:
>
> tasks.clientId=${my.clientId.property}
> config.expandedProperties=uploads.dir,search.index.dir,tasks.clientId
>
> Your property (my.clientId.property) must be defined as a Java system
> property in the JVM by the time that the Roller webapp context initializes.

That's great, I can get it that far by telling the glassfish node agents
to start the server instances with the appropriate options to the JVMs.

> Maybe we should add tasks.clientId to the default list of expanded
> properties in the distribution.  I'm not sure how other people are doing
> this right now and if there's a better overall approach to determining the
> client id.

My gut reaction says to make it default to something like the hostname,
but it doesn't seem like Java exposes that as a system property (could
be wrong, I haven't done Java development for a few years)?
In that case you're going to have to set a custom property at JVM startup
anyway.

Thanks a lot!

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/