roller-user mailing list archives

From Ron Peterson <rpete...@mtholyoke.edu>
Subject custom metadata?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:57:57 GMT
I've got a news and events system on campus that basically does what a
comment-less blog does.  It has one feature I'm not sure how to
replicate w/ roller though.  Stories are 'weighted' and may have a
publication date.  So a story about an upcoming event would include the
event's date, and a weight which (ostensibly - people try to game this
all the time) is supposed to serve to indicate how 'important' the event
is.

These factors are combined to generate a probability that the item will
be highlighted on our website's main page.  The more important the
event, and the closer today's date to the date range of the event, the
more likely it will show up.

Would there currently be any way to configure roller to do something
similar?  Being able to add some meta-data, and a few handy velocity
macros later, I think this would be pretty easy.  I'm not seeing quite
how to do this today though.  Any ideas?

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager