roller-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Broderick <abroder...@peak6solutions.com>
Subject RE: incorrect URLs
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:01:41 GMT
I figured that out in the end, as the problem 'fixed itself' over the weekend after nobody
had been accessing it. I figured it must look at the URL.

Thanks anyway though.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:50 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: incorrect URLs

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Andrew Broderick
<abroderick@peak6solutions.com> wrote:
> Using Roller 4.0, on the main menu for my blog it shows the URL as being:
>
> http://localhost/roller/blog-name
>
> when it is not running on localhost. Also, when browsing the blog, if you click on comments,
the link to go to comments is:

> http://localhost/roller/blog-name/entry/testing_a_blog#comments
>
> and this of course fails. Where does it store the URL information, and how do I fix it?

Roller uses information from the request to determine the URL, so
Tomcat or whatever your app server is telling Roller that the URL
starts with "localhost"

I think you have two ways to fix this:
1) figure out how to make your app server or application server use
the right hostname
2) set the base path of Roller on the Server Admin page

- Dave

The  information in this email or in any file attached
hereto is intended only for the personal and confiden-
tial  use  of  the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is  propri-
etary  and  confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that
any  review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited.  This  communica-
tion  is  for information purposes only and should not
be regarded as an offer to sell or as  a  solicitation
of an offer to buy any financial product. Email trans-
mission cannot be guaranteed to be  secure  or  error-
free. P6070214