roller-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Coles <alex.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Defensio Comment Validator Plugin
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:06:25 GMT
Hi,

I have also begun work on a comment validator (or Spam Filtering)
plugin, that uses the Defensio API. See http://www.defensio.com/

This is pretty experimental, so I haven't yet even tagged it at a
0.0.1 release, but please give me your feedback!

You can clone the git repository, or down a tarball from here:
http://github.com/myabc/roller-defensio/tree/master

There are a number of limitations, the main one of which is (unlike
some other comment validator services), the best results with Defensio
are achieved with feedback to the service in the other direction, i.e.
a level of training for the filter... I still need to figure out if
its possible to make API calls back to Defensio (as false-negatives or
false-positives) that are triggered by the appropriate actions in the
Manage comments interface. Suggestions are welcome!

Installation instructions can be found in README.markdown. It should
just be a matter of copying the right JAR file, adding two or three
lines to roller-custom.properties, and presto!

Once again, feedback is really appreciated. No issue tracker just yet,
but feel free to email.

Alex