roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: frontpage theme, aggregated site - doesn't display individual entries
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:56:51 GMT
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Beyer,Nathan <NBEYER@cerner.com> wrote:
> To answer my own question - from what I've deduced, a frontpage blog really can't be
used as a regular blog; at least it's not easy to do so. The 'frontpage (Roller Homepage)'
theme can't handle a single entry; the 'weblog.vm' doesn't handle that condition and there's
no 'permalink.vm' or 'permalink' action.

That is true, the front page theme is not designed to be used as a
weblog itself. It is designed only as an aggregation of the other
weblogs on the site.

But, if you understand the Roller template system you could create a
new front-page theme that supports aggregation and also supports
display of single entries from the front-page blog itself.

- Dave

as the frontpage blog and aggregated site-wide frontpage is enabled; no planet stuff setup.
When I hit the front page it displays the same thing as when I hit the blog's handle directly,
which is all entries for all blogs on the site. When an entry is posted to the frontpage blog
and you hit the permalink URL, the front page is display, not the entry itself. When I switch
the theme of blog to another theme, I can get to the entries just fine.

> Any thoughts on why this would be? Is there something about the frontpage theme that
I don't quite understand. Can the blog set as the front page not be posted to and be site-wide?