roller-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <levine_br...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Problems installing roller on Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:10:17 GMT

Is it a Tomcat 404 or is it from Roller?  The way roller is mapped on my shared tomcat install,
if I don't include the trailing slash:
htttp://www.company.name/roller/

Then tomcat handles the request instead of roller.

I'm not really an expert on this stuff, but it might be worth a try.

/Brian

> Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:00:50 +0100
> From: paul_t100@fastmail.fm
> To: user@roller.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Problems installing roller on Tomcat 5.0.27
>
> Anyone got an idea on this ?
>
> Paul Taylor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I already have a working tomcat installation and mysql database on
> > Linux for another application. For some reason I dont have the Manager
> > application so I ve done the following
> >
> > Unzipped the apache-roller-4.0.zip
> > Copied contents of webapp into jakarta-tomcat/webapps
> > Create roller-custom.properties in jakarta-tomcat/common/classes
> > Shutdown and restarted tomcat
> >
> > A blogger.log gets created in jakarta-tomcat/logs with the following
> > content (Ive blanked out details) and there are no errors. I didnt
> > haven't permission to create a new database so I just amended the
> > details to point to the existing database I have which I do
> > have permission to to modiy.
> >
> > INFO  2008-04-29 03:30:36,984 DatabaseProvider:successMessage -
> > SUCCESS: Got parameters. Using configuration type JDBC_PROPERTIES
> > INFO  2008-04-29 03:30:36,996 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - --
> > Using JDBC driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> > INFO  2008-04-29 03:30:36,999 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - --
> > Using JDBC connection URL:
> > jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/***?autoReconnect=true
> > INFO  2008-04-29 03:30:37,002 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - --
> > Using JDBC username: ***
> > INFO  2008-04-29 03:30:37,005 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - --
> > Using JDBC password: [hidden]
> >
> > but when I try to navigate to the roller webpage
> >
> > htttp://www.company.name/roller
> >
> > I just get 404 error, I can navigate to my other web apps ok.
> >
> > Im completely stuck with this, anyone have any ideas thanks Paul

Back to work after baby–how do you know when you’re ready?
http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A