roller-user mailing list archives

From "Vogten, Hubert" <Hubert.Vog...@ou.nl>
Subject RE: Finding entry for editing via APP ATOM
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 08:33:00 GMT
Thanks. We will use your suggested approach.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: donderdag 15 mei 2008 21:15
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Finding entry for editing via APP ATOM

2008/5/15 Vogten, Hubert <Hubert.Vogten@ou.nl>:
> We have recently installed Roller 4.0. We want to integrate roller in a rich client Java
application. For this purpose we would like to use the ATOM app. We have the following problem:

> We want to show only a filtered list of entries in a feed. We use a  get with a URL like
this:  HYPERLINK "http://localhost:8080/roller/fp/feed/entries/atom?tags=eclipse"http://localhost:8080/roller/fp/feed/entries/atom?tags=eclipse

That's not part of Roller's AtomPub protocol implementation, that is
just a feed.

> This feed will return all entries on the topic eclipse. Next we want to offer the author
of an entry the possibility to edit his/her entry. For this we must determine the edit link
to the entry. We use an url like this: HYPERLINK "http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-services/app/bko/entries"http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-services/app/bko/entries
to retrieve the required link (something in the line of <link rel="edit" href="http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-services/app/bko/entry/eaf76bcf-715e-41fb-a144-63869a19f042"
/>)

> However the latter url has the problem that it doesn't seem to support the filtering
we have applied in the first URL. The list are therefore out of sync and we are not capable
to determine the url  required for editing an entry.  Is there another way of determining
the url to edit a blog entry?

The way to find the Edit URI of an entry is to get the list of entries
from Roller's AtomPub interface, find the entry you want and the use
its Edit URI. Roller's AtomPub interface It does allow you to get the
most recent entries and then page back in time to find more, but it
does not allow you to subset entries by tag, category or any other
criteria.

- Dave

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.