roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle configuration problem
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 14:47:59 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Timothy Mizas
<timothy.mizas@villanova.edu> wrote:
> Well, I've been able to get my test app to connect to the roller database and query from
the table. Now roller.log is giving me:

> FATAL 2008-05-27 10:39:29,658 RollerContext:contextInitialized - Roller Weblogger bootstrap
failed
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.BootstrapException: Error instantiating default
provider: org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.GuiceWebloggerProvider
> --- ROOT CAUSE ---
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error instantiating backend module org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAWebloggerModule
>   at org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.GuiceWebloggerProvider.<init>(GuiceWebloggerProvider.java:56)
>   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(libgcj.so.7rh)

That libgcj.so reference indicates that you are not using Sun Java and
that is probably the problem. Install Java SE 5 JDK, make sure it's
first in path and try again.

- Dave