roller-user mailing list archives

From uros kotnik <ukot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Does LDAP authentication needs User in DB
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 16:03:47 GMT
I setup Roller 4.0 / Tomcat 5.5
I followed instructions on how to integrate Roller
with LDAP, I used OpenDS, I didn't integrate SSO.

http://swik.net/Roller+LDAP

First strange thing is, when I open roller main page
and click on login, I'm redirected to page
http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-ui/menu.rol saying
: "Permission denied"

When I type directly
http://localhost:8080/roller/roller-ui/login.rol

I get the login page, when I try to login with the
user I inserted into LDAP I see in the LDAP log that
LDAP is tries and manages to find the user in LDAP, so
that looks ok, but after that I'm prompted with
message "Wrong username and password combination".

What I did then was, to go to Register option and to
create same user (but with different password than in
LDAP) that I created in LDAP, after that I was able to
login with the password created in LDAP.

Thanks