roller-user mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <Allen.Gillil...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to change permalink
Date Sat, 31 May 2008 05:50:23 GMT
Nope, that's not something Roller allows right now.

Abhay Srivastava wrote:
> Yeah, I was actually looking for creating permalink based on user choice. Is their any
other way to do so ? Lets say I want thepermslink  in a increasing number format

> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On May 30, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Allen Gilliland <Allen.Gilliland@Sun.COM> wrote:
>
> You can't actually change the "anchor" value used to form an entry permalink.  Doing
that would break the url, so it's not allowed.

> If you don't care about breaking the url then you can create a new entry and copy all
the contents of the old one over, then publish the new one and delete the old one.  This will
result in a new anchor and permalink.  Note though that you still don't get to manually choose
the anchor used for the permalink, it's generated based on the title of the entry when you
first save the entry.