roller-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: Does LDAP authentication needs User in DB
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 17:31:31 GMT
uros kotnik wrote:
> I setup Roller 4.0 / Tomcat 5.5
> I followed instructions on how to integrate Roller
> with LDAP, I used OpenDS, I didn't integrate SSO.
> What I did then was, to go to Register option and to
> create same user (but with different password than in
> LDAP) that I created in LDAP, after that I was able to
> login with the password created in LDAP.

I *think* it is the case - in Roller 4.0 - that when
using external authentication (LDAP or whatever) it is
still necessary for the user to exist in the roller database
as well.  I think it is the 4.1 series code that introduces the
pluggable UserManager stuff that will let you get around that
limitation.

In the meantime, I think there is some auto provision setting
or something that you can turn on, which will let you avoid
the need to manually create the users in the roller database
when using LDAP.  Google around for it, or maybe one of the
users who is more familiar with it will chime in.

TTYL,

--
Phillip Rhodes
Chief Architect - OpenQabal