roller-user mailing list archives

From Steve McCain <s.mcc...@Bradford.ac.uk>
Subject Planet initialization failing
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 14:44:27 GMT
I'm using Roller 4.0 on Tomcat 6.0.16 with MySQL 5.0.45
(database called 'roller').

I'm trying to turn on Planet aggregation as per the instructions
in the Installation Guide, section 9.

I'm get a status 500 error (java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller
Planet has not been bootstrapped yet) when I click on the
'Planet Administration' link on my 'Main Menu' page.

In roller.log I can see that Roller is starting fine - it is reading
my roller-custom.properties fine which has database.configurationType set
to jdbc. But in the PlanetConfig section I get 'no custom properties file
found in classpath' and the start-up then defaults to using a config type of
jndi and a default database of 'java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb' and
fails to connect to this. Hence I think Planet fails to initialize.

Anyone any idea why the Planet start-up fails to use the
roller-custom.properties
file that the WebLogger initialization has already found?

thanks

Steve