roller-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: authenticating w.bloggar user
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 14:50:33 GMT
Steve McCain wrote:
> I have ldap authentication working for users logging on directly from
> the roller login page
> but accessing blogs from w.bloggar via /roller/roller-services/xmlrpc
> still needs the user's
> database user/password combination.
> How can I configure xmlrpc access to use ldap authentication?

What version of Roller are you using?  The newest code (not even sure
if this is in a shipping version or not) has the authentication
abstracted out using the UserManager interface, so you can implement
a custom UserManager and wire it in, in order to authenticate against
an external source at the API level.

I just went through the exercise of writing a custom UserManager like
this, as part of the initiative to integrate Roller with OpenQabal... I
was planning to write up a blog post explaining the whole thing, in all
it's gory details. I'll try to make it a point to get that up soon in
case it will be of benefit here.

TTYL,

--
Phillip Rhodes