roller-user mailing list archives

From Crick Opinion <crickopin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pinning an entry
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 14:15:21 GMT
Thanx Dave,

Is there a way for global admin to pin any entry - not just admin's own entry? For example,
if there is an excellent blog submitted by a blogger other than global admin, can it be pinned?

Thanx,

-CO

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>
To: user@roller.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:01:02 AM
Subject: Re: Pinning an entry

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Crick Opinion <crickopinion@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  We have been using Roller 4.0 for our site. User guide briefly mentions that the admin
user can pin an entry using front page theme.

>  Could some provide me instructions on how to pin and unpin and entry? Do I need to change
frontpage code? Or is it something I can achieve in the UI?

A global admin user gets the option to "pin" and entry, that just
means that a special flag is set on the entry.

The Front Page theme shows what you can do with pinned entries. It
contains special code that will ensure that pinned entries are
displayed first, before other entries.

- Dave

Be a better friend, newshound, and