roller-user mailing list archives

From Simon Haslam <simon_has...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Oracle configuration problem
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 16:23:40 GMT

Timothy Mizas wrote:

> I'm not sure how to tell if I'm using the thin or thick driver. I'm using
> ojdbc14.jar. My custom properties file looks like:
>
> installation.type=auto
> database.configurationType=jdbc
> database.jdbc.driverClass=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@url:port:sid
> database.jdbc.username=rollerdb
> database.jdbc.password=password
> hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
>
> I didn't set any other Oracle related env variables other than NLS_LANG
> which I set to nothing.

The thick driver uses the Oracle database client installed on the app server
(and "thin" is replaced with "oci" in the connection URL).

My set up isn't the same - I'm on OC4J rather than Tomcat, and am using a
pooled JNDI data source. However I do have these settings
roller-custom.properties file:
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=oracle
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect

These were suggested by Gabe (see the mailing list archives). I don't know
what the difference between Oracle9Dialect and OracleDialect is - might be
worth looking up, just in case.

:Simon