roller-user mailing list archives

From doahh <ga...@prodia.co.uk>
Subject Re: Roller and CAS
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 18:42:49 GMT

Sorry for the second message but I have made some significant edits to my
previous comment:

I have tried the CN name as both localhost and also as the machine name
(eggbert) without success.

CAS is set to use the Roller database and the users were in there before I
tried to use CAS. I set the password field in the Roller database to be
'tester' in plain text (no encryption). CAS seems happy but now I look in
Roller's security.xml file I find:

<bean id="casAuthenticationProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.CasAuthenticationProvider">
    <property name="key" value="rollerlovesacegi"/>
</bean>

That would seem to be telling CAS that the password field is encrypted with
the given key of 'rollerlovesacegi'. My use of a plain text password may be
causing problems even though CAS seems happy. I wonder how CAS is told which
encryption algorithm is used.

I can also see in security.xml:

<bean id="casProxyTicketValidator"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.cas.ticketvalidator.CasProxyTicketValidator">
    <property name="trustStore"
value="/Library/Java/Home/lib/security/cacerts"/>
</bean>

and that makes me wonder if I added my certificate to the correct
trustStore. I wonder where '/Library/Java/Home/lib/security/cacerts' is?